To accompany the Perfect Vanilla Cupcake recipe, you need to have the best icing, and this recipe is just that. This frosting is delicious! Out of all my recipes, this is what I have received the most compliments on. It’s the perfect amount of sweetness, and not too sweet like so many icings can be. Enjoy!
1 cup of room temperature butter
3 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 Tablespoons of cream (I use half/half)
1. In a stand mixer, whip butter with a paddle attachment for 2-3 minutes.
2. Slowly add icing sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time.
3. After you have added half of the sugar, add 2 tablespoons of cream.
4. Add vanilla.
5. Slowly add the remaining icing sugar.
6. Beat icing for a few minutes. If icing seems too thick add 1 tablespoon of cream
Covers 15-20 cupcakes (depending on how much icing you use).
-Add 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder for chocolate frosting
-Use Wilton tip 1M for a perfect swirl
Original recipe from: http://bakedbree.com/vanilla-buttercream